Saturday, September 30, 2017
Thursday, March 16, 2017
1. Make sure you are using cat6 cables everywhere. Cat5e has a speed of 100 mbps max and cat6 supports upto 1 gbps.
2. Have enough data points throughout the house ... especially where you plan to keep .... modem/router, TV, Playstation / Xbox, home surveillance, study desk, landline.
3. Get Internet connected at lockup stage so you have it at handover.
4. Using the Internet, test all ports at handover. I missed this. I think one of my ports doesn't work.
5. Have a NBN box in the garage with 2 extra power plugs.
6. Have all the data points in the house connected back to the garage/ ur preferred place like a hub.
7. Have two data points at the place where you are planning the router/modem tracing back to the garage or your hub.
This is so that you can switch it around.
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
Thursday, November 3, 2016
Thursday, October 27, 2016
Monday, June 20, 2016
1) Umbraco admin tree is not showing up and
2) is determined not to be a problem with the trees.config file and
3) Clicking on any of the navigation elements gives you
Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found):
Check permissions on the website folder for iis users.
Easy way is to give machinename\users full security access on the folder.
Thursday, May 26, 2016
Its been some time since I wanted to make my presence out here on the internet. For some reasons I did not get my head clear on how exactly I should begin this endeavour. Probably, being a web developer myself, I was searching for the best possible place for me to host my site. I guess the story behind it is big enough to come out as a blog post.
Thanks for stopping by and happy reading. Dont forget to leave a comment too :)